Express Entry-Federal Skilled Trades
In order to be eligible for permanent resident status under this stream, applicant must have:
- required language proficiency in English or French;
- at least two years of full-time or full-time equivalent work experience in a skilled trade within the five years at the time of application;
- an offer of full-time employment for a period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification for a skilled trade issued by a Canadian licensing authority, and
- meet all the job requirements for a skilled trade as provided in the National Occupation Classification except a certificate of qualification.
The following Skilled Trades are eligible under this program;
- Electrical and Construction Trades
- Maintenance and Equipment Operation Trades
- Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
- Chefs and Cooks
- Butchers and Bakers
Effective January 01, 2015, this type of applications can be filed through Express Entry process.